The ILM Certificate in First Line Management comprises of 9 classroom days covering 8 modules and 2 e-learning modules.
The topics covered on the course are:
- Introduction to leadership
- Understanding how to establish an effective team
- Understanding change
- Managing workplace projects
- Understanding performance management
- Understanding how to motivate to improve performance
- Understanding customer service standards
- Understanding stress management (e-learning)
- Understanding coaching and training
The Assessment on this qualification requires the candidate to complete 9 Work Based Assignments, each being approximately 1,500 words.
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Identify the differences between leadership and management
- Describe the stages of team formation
- Identify the barriers and resistance to change
- Describe the purpose of customer service standards
- Describe the 5 stages of project management
- Identify the causes, impact and symptoms of stress
- Explain the manager's role in Managing Performance
- Explain how to plan the coaching for an individual
- Describe the factors that affect motivation in the workplace
||Dates have not been scheduled as yet for 2019. If you are interested in attending this course in the future, please email Corporate.Support@falkirk.gov.uk and your details will be held on a waiting list until further dates are scheduled.
||£190 per delegate