Who should attend?
- This course is aimed at practitioners in the 'specific and intensive contact workforce' (Scottish Government National Framework for Child Protection Learning and Development) eg staff, carers and volunteers(including those working in adultservices) who carry out direct work with vulnerable children and families.
- Designated Managers who have responsibility for child protection within their agency.
- Named Persons, Lead Professionals and practitioners who require to attend Child Protection Case Conferences and Core Group meetings as part of their role and remit.
To provide an opportunity for participants to:
- Develop their understanding of their own and others role and responsibilities in relation to child protection referrals, conferences and core groups
- Develop their understanding of statutory powers, duties, legal issues and good practice requirementsthat underpin child protection processes
- Develop their understanding of their contribution to multi-agency assessment of risk and need, utilising the National Practice Model
- Develop an understanding of the components that make up the SMART child protection action plan
- Focus on the need to ensure the views of the child or young person and family are appropriately represented in all aspects of child protection practice.
Please note that this is a full day training course and attendance is required between 9:30am – 4:30pm. Pre-course reading will be sent approx. 2 weeks before the course.
|Course Date (s)
||Friday 21 September 2018 OR
Friday 26 October 2018 OR
Monday 12 November 2018
||Camelon Education Centre
How to book
Education staff should book a place through their CPD Manager.
All other staff, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ross Wilson on 01324 590539.