A drive to attract five local people to become members of the Falkirk Integration Joint Board (IJB) will be launched next week.
Falkirk Health and Social Care Partnership (HSCP) is recruiting carers, service users and a Third Sector representative to the IJB.
The roles provide representatives with an opportunity to help the board with planning, managing and delivering health and social care services in the Falkirk Council area.
The new members will help shape the health and social care services for a two year term starting from April next year.
Julia Swan, Chair of Falkirk Integration Joint Board said: “This is a great way for people who are passionate about health and social care services to share their experiences and ideas directly with the IJB.
“They will give the support needed to help make informed decisions about how we can improve our services to best meet people’s needs.”
Board members will attend IJB meetings every two months and:
- Take part in meetings – offering ideas, opinions and solutions which reflect the voice of those represented
- Feed back information to each represented group
- Occasionally attend local and/or national events or sub-group meetings
- Attend initial induction and training sessions, which will be held for all new representatives
- Keep up-to-date on local and national news and developments in relation to their representative group
Three drop-in sessions are being held for anyone interested in joining the IJB as a chance to ask questions and learn more about the positions on the following dates:
- 15th December 2017 from 10:30 – 12:00 at Forth Valley Sensory Centre
- 16th January 2018 from 13:00 – 14:30 at Forth Valley Sensory Centre
- 16th January 2018 from 18:00 – 19:00 at Falkirk Community Hospital, Administration Offices
To find out more about the roles please email email@example.com or call 01324 504021.