Falkirk Crematorium is located within Camelon Cemetery, Dorrator Road, Camelon.
A major refurbishment of the Crematorium will start in late January 2017.
The work will be carried out in 2 phases and will be complete by the end of September
The crematorium was opened in 1962 and has been in constant use ever since. Essential
refurbishment and repair work is necessary. The work will include:
- Replacement of the three cremators, one of the new cremators will be large enough
to take larger coffins
- Installation of a larger catafalque
- Installation of abatement equipment to remove mercury from the emission gases to
meet national guidelines
- Extension of the chapel to accommodate larger services
- Refurbishment and upgrading of heating, lighting and power systems
- Partial enclosure of the loggia leading from the chapel to increase privacy for family
and friends of the bereaved
- Refurbishment of the interior of the crematorium whilst keeping its original character
- Retention of views to the landscaped garden area from the chapel.
- Increasing the number of public toilets
- Improving access at the main entrance to the building
The chapel will be closed to the public for services from late January until late June 2017.
Cremations will continue throughout this time.
The services which are normally held at the chapel will need to take place at other
locations. Funeral directors, faith leaders and civil celebrants will assist those
organising the funeral in their selection of an alternative location for services
and to ensure the needs of families and friends are met.
From June to September the chapel will be available for services. The work is scheduled
to take place mainly at the weekends so services can be held during the week. There
will be no Saturday cremations during the Phase 2 works.
Book of Remembrance
Inscriptions in the Book of Remembrance are on display within the Chapel throughout
The book will be in a temporary building located in the crematorium car park and signs will direct visitors. The building will be open at the usual times of:
|Monday to Friday
||9:00am to 4:00pm
||9:00am to 12:00pm
||1:00pm to 3:00pm (October to April)
|1:00pm to 4:00pm (May to September)
If you'd like
an inscription in the Book of Remembrance, please contact Bereavement Services on
01324 503650 or email email@example.com.
The costs are:
|Number of lines
Flower vases are provided if you'd like to bring along flowers.
Garden of Remembrance
The Garden of Remembrance is always open and you can lay cut flowers
if you wish.
Please contact us for all crematorium related matters, Monday to Friday 9am to