This notice provides details of what information we collect from you, what we do with it, and who it might be shared with.
Identity and contact details of the controller and the data protection officer
Falkirk Council is the data controller. You can contact the data protection officer at:
Frequently asked questions
Why do we collect this information?
The information is being collected for the following purposes:
- To analyse it for research purposes
- To improve and develop Council services
- To notify you when survey results are available
- To evaluate our surveys so that we can provide you with a better experience
- To meet the public sector equality duty under the Equality Act 2010
The legal basis for each purpose is set out below:
||1, 2, 3, 4
|Performance of a contract
|Task carried out in the public interest
What information do we collect about you?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Contact details, including your name, address, email address and telephone number
- Information you give when responding to specific surveys, relating to your opinions, attitudes and experiences of Council services and your local area
- Equalities Monitoring information which may involve you providing sensitive personal data, including information about your ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious beliefs and physical and mental health
- Details of your visit to our website, including operating system and browser type, visited pages and IP address.
We also keep copies of your communications with us and our responses.
Where do we collect information from?
We collect information from you when you respond to a survey. Our systems collect information on your use of our site and record your IP address, operating system and browser type, and pages visited.
Who might we share your information with?
Survey responses are analysed and used in reports about the findings of the survey. Your information will be anonymised. This means any information that can directly identify you, such as your name, address, IP address, email address or telephone number, will not be included in reports. Reports may be published on our website and will, therefore, be shared with the public.
The Council has a duty to protect public funds. We may check your information within the Council for verification purposes and/or for the prevention of fraud. We may share your information with other organisations where we are required to do so for the purposes of the prevention or detection of crime.
Will we send your information outwith the UK?
We do not transfer your information outwith the UK.
How long do we keep hold of your information?
We keep your information for one year.
What are my rights in relation to the information held about me?
You have the following rights:
- To see any information held about you by making a subject access request.
- To withdraw consent at any time, where the legal basis for processing is consent.
- To data portability, where the legal basis for processing is (i) consent or (ii) performance of a contract.
- To request rectification or erasure of your information, where data protection legislation allows this.
Do I have a right to complain about the way information has been used?
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, please let us know and we will try to resolve this. If you are still concerned, you can contact the Information Commissioner:
Do I have to provide my personal data to you?
Your response to surveys is completely voluntary. You do not have to provide information to us but this may prevent you from taking part in public consultation activities.
Do you use any automated processes to make decisions about me?
We do not use automated decision making processes.
This notice was last updated in May 2018.