We clean streets, drains, car parks, public toilets and other public areas to remove
litter, a build up of leaves or any other items which could be a risk to public
health and safety.
We are responsible for maintaining the land owned by us to the standards set out
in the Code of
Practice on Litter and Refuse 2006.
We are not responsible for railway stations, railway tracks or canal towpaths, including
grassed areas, embankments, paved and non-paved areas.
To find out what you can do to help keep the Falkirk Council area tidy, please read
our Community Litter Plan:
- Community Litter Plan
To request litter picking equipment,
please complete the request form.
Out of hours emergency service
Our emergency cleaning service is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for debris
on roads, major oil or fuel spillages and discarded syringes.
To report an incident,
Frequently asked questions
- How often are road gullies cleaned?
- How often are the streets swept for rubbish and litter?
- How do I report litter in my area?
- How do I report flytipping in my area?
- Can I borrow litter picking equipment?
How often are road gullies cleaned?
Roadside channels on all main traffic routes are cleaned on a recurring basis to prevent the build up of silt, dirt and to prevent the growth of weeds.
How often are the streets swept for rubbish and litter?
As outlined in the Code of Practice on Litter and Refuse, streets are swept on a frequency that is appropriate to returning the area to a required standard.
Areas with a high footfall or a high number of vehicles (for example, town centres) would be expected to be swept more often than areas which are less busy (for example, suburbs of towns).
How do I report litter in my area?
How do I report flytipping in my area?
Can I borrow litter picking equipment?
Yes. If you would like any equipment for a community litter pick, please email us with details of what you require.
We can provide:
- litter pickers (adult and children’s sizes)
- black bags and holders
- gloves (men’s, ladies’ and children’s sizes)
- uplift of rubbish collected
- help with risk assessments, pre-clean up checks of the area etc
- And we’ll even try to come along and help out!