Children over 3 years of age are entitled to 600 hours of early learning and childcare per year.
Provision in nursery classes is normally 5 early learning
and childcare sessions per week during term time. These sessions last 3 hours 10 minutes
and are available (either morning or afternoon) in a nursery class attached to a
Children are eligible for a place according to their date of birth, please see information below.
A child in his/her ante-pre-school year will be eligible to early learning and childcare
in the term after the child's 3rd birthday. The dates set
by the Scottish Government are:
- Children born 01 March to 31 August start Autumn Term (August)
- Children born 01 September to 31 December start Spring Term (January)
- Children born 01 January to 28 February start Summer Term (April)
Places are allocated by the nursery following the Early Learning and Childcare Admission
- Early Learning and Childcare Admission Policy
How to apply
Parents/Carers can obtain an application from any Primary School or Early Learning and Childcare Centre or can be downloaded below:
- Apply for a nursery place
You can also apply in person with the Admissions Team at Sealock House.
All applications must be accompanied by the child’s birth certificate and proof of residence.
All applications should be sent to:
ELC Admissions Team
2 Inchyra Road