If you have been in our care and are aged between 16 and 21, we can give you with
practical advice and help.
We can help you:
- Get access to health services, such as a doctor or dentist
- Claim benefits you are entitled to
- With personal support
- Find a place to stay
- Apply to get on a course, for training or a job
You can also get help if you need extra support to:
- Build relationships with your family
- If you have mental health difficulties
- If you have problems with substance misuse
We want to help you get the skills you need to live on your own. We work with other
services and professionals involved with you to make sure our services meet your
We are able to help you until you are 19 years old if you have been in care at,
after, your school leaving date. The law says that at this age you are a compulsory
If you need help once you are over 19 and have been in care, we provide services
until you are 21. The law says that at this age you're a discretionary supported
From Care to Where?
- Free event for Care Experienced Young People in Falkirk
- Leaving Care and multi agency partners are hosting our 3rd event to Celebrate
National Care leavers Week
- Falkirk Town Hall on 02 November 2016 from 2pm-5pm
- The programme includes: Arts & Crafts, Reiki, Drumming Workshop, Music, Film
- The Big Bosses will also be there to listen to young people on the issues that matter
- Local author Alan Bissett is opening the event & the Chief Executive Mary Pitcaithly
is closing the event.
If you are a care leaver and interested in going to the event, contact the Leaving
Care Office for a free ticket on 01324 501050.