Falkirk Council

Falkirk Council
Telephone: 01324 506070

Benefits: Council housing

Most people who rent their homes – whether from the Council, a housing association or any other public or private landlord – and are on a low income and need help to pay their rent can apply for Housing Benefit (HB).

All tenants and owner occupiers who are on low incomes can also apply for help to pay their Council Tax - this is known as a Council Tax Reduction.

These schemes were introduced to help people pay their housing costs i.e. rent / Council Tax.

If you are a Council tenant who needs help to pay your rent, you can apply for a rent rebate. Tenants of private landlords / housing associations can apply for Local Housing Allowance / Rent Allowance.

The schemes are run by the Council's Revenues and Benefits Service, who can be contacted at:

Revenues and Benefits Division
Callendar Square One-Stop Shop
Unit MSU1
Callendar Square
Tel: 01324 506999

If you want to apply, it is very important that you do so as quickly as possible. Awards normally start from the date you first contact the Revenues and Benefits Division, or the Monday following the date of application whichever is earlier. We can backdate awards in exceptional circumstances.

More information about applying for help can be found here|.

Related Pages
Contact Us
  • By Post: 
    Social Work Services
    Falkirk Council
    Social Work HQ
    Denny Town House
    Glasgow Road
    FK6 5DL
  • By Telephone:
    01324 506400
  • By Fax:
    01324 506401
  • By Email: