A records management system provides evidence of transactions and activities and
helps with any decision making we carry out as a council. Under the Public Records
(Scotland) Act 2011, we have created a records management plan.
- Records Management Plan
Effective records management makes sure that:
- All information we receive or create is stored correctly.
- All information is accessible.
- All information is destroyed or saved as set out in our retention and disposal schedule.
- Our system meets current and future needs and is adaptable.
- We have correct technical, organisational and human resources to make the points
The Records Management and Preservation of Archives Policy was agreed January 2014.
- Records Management and Preservation of Archival Records Policy
For more information or to get advice, please contact us: