Good records management is fundamental to the Council's efficiency and effectiveness. Under the Public Records (Scotland) Act 2011, we have a records management plan in place.
- Records Management Plan
The Plan has been subject to a Progress Update Review. The final report is published on the National Records of Scotland's website.
Effective records management makes sure that:
- All information we receive or create is stored correctly.
- All information is accessible.
- All information is destroyed or saved as set out in our retention and disposal schedule.
- Our system meets current and future needs and is adaptable.
- We have correct technical, organisational and human resources to make this possible.
The Records Management and Preservation of Archives Policy was agreed by the Council's Executive Committee in January 2014 and updated with minor amendments in September 2017.
- Records Management and Preservation of Archival Records Policy
For more information or to get advice, please contact us: