For more information on the procurement processes, please see the
Information for Suppliers section of the Scottish Government website.
Supplier Journey will:
- Clearly set out the procurement process
- Help you to identify business opportunities
- Tell you how to bid for quotes and tenders
- Explain what is expected of you and how to deliver a contract
- Tell you what the process is if you fail to win a contract
We have signed up to the
Scottish Government's Suppliers' Charter.
The Charter sets out what we will do to help make the public sector contracts more
accessible for small and medium sized businesses.
Supplier Development Programme
The Supplier Development Programme is
a local authority partnership programme which gives small and medium sized businesses
the opportunity to grow and diversify through procurement.
Government Buying Standards
The Government Buying Standards are a set of environmental regulations. The Buying
Standards list can be used by buyers and suppliers to make sure environmental standards
are met. For more information, please visit
We are a participant in the Scottish Government’s National Framework for
Supported Factories and Businesses.
Procurement Capability Assessment
Our procurement performance is assessed each year by
Scotland Excel. This assessment is called a Procurement Capability Assessment
The PCA looks at:
- Procurement leadership and governance
- Procurement strategy and objectives
- Defining the supply need
- Commodity/project strategies and collaborative procurement
- Contract and supplier management
- Key purchasing processes and systems
- Performance measurement
More information about the PCA, including how scores are calculated, can be found
Scottish Government's website.
We have improved our score in each year of the PCA. The scores are 2013 (60), 2012 (56) and 2011 (35).