Current and future tenders can be viewed on the Public Contracts Scotland website:
How we advertise tender opportunities
As a public body, we must follow strict rules in the way that we invite, evaluate
and award contracts.
These rules make sure we are open and transparent in the way we do business with
The rules also make sure we:
- Use public money properly
- Meet our legal duty to get best value good and services we can
- Comply with the law, particularly the E.U Consolidated Supplies and Services Directives
- Treat all suppliers equally
- Comply with Council Standing Orders Scheme of Tender Procedures and Financial Regulations
- Are accountable, open and transparent
- Protect ourselves and our employees from any legal challenges or allegations of
misconduct in our business dealings
Goods and services over £50,000
Our contract opportunities are advertised on the Public Contracts Scotland website
(PCS). This is a free, national portal created by the Scottish Government. It is
allows all Scottish businesses to bid for public sector contracts.
We encourage all interested businesses to register with PCS. Once registered, you
will receive email notifications of contract opportunities you may be interested
Goods and services below £50,000
If we require goods and services with a value of between £1,000 and £50,000, we may
not openly advertise this opportunity. Instead we may invite quotations from three
organisations. We will do this through the Quick Quotes system.
We will only ask for quotes from suppliers who have registered for Quick Quotes on
the PCS portal. Quick Quotes registration is free.
You can find out more information about Quick Quotes by reading the
Quick Quotes Supplier User Guide.