Falkirk Council

Falkirk Council
Telephone: 01324 506070

Building Warrants

Building Warrant applications

The processing of building warrant applications includes carrying out site inspections to ensure compliance with the Building Standards (Scotland) Regulations and issuing completion certificates.

Plans submitted in support of building warrant application are checked to ensure that the proposals comply with the Building Regulations (Scotland) 2004 as Amended.

Application forms need to be completed and submitted, along with the plans and the appropriate fee, to the Building Standards section of Development Services.

To assist you in completing your Building Warrant application, you should read the guidance notes.

Both the application form and the guidance notes can be downloaded from this site, on the Building Standards forms and downloads page|

What happens next?

After you submit your application, a Building Warrant will be issued when plans show that all proposed works satisfy the regulations.

Prior to commencing works, applicants will need to notify Building Standards of the intended starting date of the works by completing "Commencement of Works Notice", this is issued with your Building Warrant.

Building Standards Surveyors may carry out site inspections as the work proceeds.

Obtaining a Certificate of Completion

When work is completed, the "Certificate of Completion" should be returned to Building Standards along with, if appropriate, a completed SAP calculation and rating. The Completion Certificate form will be available for download soon.

A Building Standards Surveyor may arrange to inspect the work prior to formally accepting the Certificate of Completion.

If you would like to find out more about Building Warrants in the Falkirk Council area please contact Building Standards using the details shown.


For further information, the Building Standards Customer Charter is available to download, or can be requested from our offices alongside the Building Standards Balanced Scorecard.

 |   |
Balanced Scorecard| 

Health & Safety Executive

If you are having construction or refurbishment work done, you may need to notify the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) and you may have other duties as well. Visit the Health & Safety Executive website| to find out more.

Related Pages
Contact Us
  • By Post:
    Building Standards
    Development Services
    Falkirk Council
    Abbotsford House
    Davids Loan
    FK2 7YZ
  • By Telephone:
    01324 504985
  • By Email: