If you rent your home from the Council you will need to arrange your own contents insurance to cover furniture, belongings and decorations against fire, theft, vandalism or water damage such as burst pipes.

We recommend that you shop around to find the insurance product that best meets your needs, however we provide a special household contents insurance scheme for Council tenants only. The insurance is arranged through Royal and Sun Alliance Plc.

The cost of insurance is charged weekly and you can pay it along with your rent.

The scheme offers optional extras to cover:

  • personal belongings
  • hearing aids
  • mobility scooters/wheelchairs and
  • pedal cycles.

You can pick up an application pack from any One Stop Shop/Advice and Support Hub, call 01324 506350, email insurance@falkirk.gov.uk or download a pack below:

Home contents insurance application pack

We will write to you confirming when your cover will start.