A disturbance allowance is paid to council tenants who have major repairs or replacement work carried out in their homes.

You will qualify for a disturbance allowance if we have carried out the following work:

  • Full central heating installation or replacement
  • Full house window replacement
  • Full house rewiring
  • Full kitchen or bathroom replacement

The amount of disturbance allowance we will pay depends on the size of your property and type of work carried out.

The tables below show how much disturbance allowance we will pay you. These prices are for 2017/18.

For a full central heating installation or replacement, or full house rewiring:


Property size Amount
1 bedroom £100
2 bedrooms £131
3 bedrooms £162
4 bedrooms £193

For full kitchen or bathroom replacement, or full house window replacement:


Property size Amount
1 - 4 bedrooms £100

We will review these prices each year.

For more information, please contact your local One Stop Shop/Advice and Support Hub.