We can give advice and may be able to offer financial help to homeowners, private tenants and private landlords with:

  • Adaptations to meet the needs of a disabled person
  • Energy efficiency
  • Repairing or maintaining your home

How do I get help?

Please call Social Work Services on 01324 506400 and ask for a Needs Assessment.

If Social Work Services decide the adaptation work is essential, we will process your Disabled Facilities Grant application and help you get the work done.

For more information about home adaptations, you can read the following leaflets:

Help with adaptations to your home - a guide for disabled people in private housing in Scotland
Funding adaptations to the home - a guide for homeowners
Funding adaptations to the home - a guide for private tenants

Do you qualify for help?

To find out if you qualify for financial help, please read our Scheme of Assistance. Page 3 provides a guide quick reference to help you.

Scheme of Assistance

If you would like more information about our Scheme of Assistance, or if you are unsure if you qualify for help, please contact us:

01324 590797 (option 2)

Arranging common repairs

We can help you arrange for a common repair.

The Scottish Government have also launched a website called Under One Roof that provides free and impartial advice helping private flat owners across Scotland understand their legal obligations, establish good maintenance arrangements and carryout repairs to shared properties.

For more information about adaptations and repairs, please visit Shelter Scotland's website.