We can give advice and may be able to offer financial help to homeowners, private
tenants and private landlords with:
- Adaptations to meet the needs of a disabled person
- Energy efficiency
- Repairing or maintaining your home
How do I get help?
Please call Social Work Services on 01324 506400 and ask for a
If Social Work Services decide the adaptation work is essential, we will process
your Disabled Facilities Grant application and help you get the work done.
For more information about home adaptations, you can read the following leaflets:
- Help with adaptations to your home - a guide for disabled people in private housing in Scotland
- Funding adaptations to the home - a guide for homeowners
- Funding adaptations to the home - a guide for private tenants
Do you qualify for help?
To find out if you qualify for financial help, please read our Scheme of Assistance.
Page 3 provides a guide quick reference to help you.
- Scheme of Assistance
If you would like more information about our Scheme of Assistance, or if you are
unsure if you qualify for help, please contact us:
Arranging common repairs
We can help you
arrange for a common repair.
The Scottish Government have also launched a website called
Under One Roof that provides free and impartial advice helping private flat owners across Scotland understand their legal obligations, establish good maintenance arrangements and carryout repairs to shared properties.
For more information about adaptations and repairs, please visit
Shelter Scotland's website.