The Local Housing Strategy (LHS) sets out how the Council and its partners plan to address housing issues and demand in our area over the next 5 years. The evidence for the strategy comes from a housing need and demand assessment which estimates the need for both private and affordable housing in the area.
The LHS Action Update gives details on the current progress of
our commitment towards achieving our 6 priorities. We continually monitor and review the Action Plan and publish this on an annual basis.
- Local Housing Strategy
- LHS Summary 14.12.17
- Appendix 1 - HNDA
- Appendix 3 - Equality Impact Assessment
- Appendix 4 - Housing Contribution Statement
- Appendix 5 - Consultation Report
- Appendix 6 - Terms of Reference SHG
- Appendix 7 - Housing Supply Targets
- Strategic Environmental Assessment for the LHS 2017-22
- Appendix 9 - BTS Strategy 2011-16
- Appendix 10 - Section 72 Statement of Assistance 2011-16
- Appendix 11 - Housing Renewal Area Policy
- Housing Asset Management Plan
- Local Housing Strategy Update 2015
Frequently asked questions
Strategic Housing Investment Plan
The Strategic Housing Investment Plan (SHIP) outlines how investment into affordable
housing will be used to achieve the Local Housing Strategy (LHS) outcomes.
It shows how the needs and priorities related to affordable housing will be tackled.
It focuses on how projects will be delivered taking into account the availability
of resources, land supply and infrastructure.
The main priority of the SHIP is new housing provision by the Council's Registered
Social Landlord's (RSL). It takes into account any new council house building programmes
which the Council may deliver.
In addition, the SHIP addresses regeneration activity and issues relating to energy efficiency and sustainability.
If you have a project you would like to be considered for inclusion in the SHIP, please complete the project submission form below:
- SHIP Appendix 1 - Project Submission Form
- Strategic Housing Investment Plan 2019 to 2024
Housing Asset Management Plan
We also have a Housing Asset Management Plan, which sets out how we will manage
housing assets. This links closely to the Local Housing Strategy, and also the whole
Council's Asset Management objectives:
- Housing Asset Management Plan
Scottish Government Rural Housing Fund
The Scottish Government launched a £25m Rural Housing Fund to help with the unique housing issues in rural locations. The fund is available for a 3 year period from April 2016. Locally it applies to class 5 of the Scottish Government rural classifications. This relates to areas with a population of less than 3,000 people which is within a 30 minute drive time from an area of 10,000 people or more.
The fund is open to a wide range of applicants including:
- Community organisations
- Development trusts
- Private landowners and developers
- Private developers
Applications from individuals are not acceptable. Eligible projects must:
- Have a specific site or properties identified
- Demonstrate evidence of housing pressure
- Be supported by the Council
- Be prepared to undertake appropriate community engagement
- Be able to provide long term affordable housing
Guidance on the Fund is available from the Scottish Government.
Alternatively, please contact the Strategy and Development Team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01324 590803 for further information.