Falkirk Council Licensing Board deals with the granting of licences for the sale
and supply of alcohol and for various gambling activities.
The members of the Board are appointed by Falkirk Council.
The Convener of the Licensing Board is Councillor James Kerr and the Depute Convener
is Councillor Allyson Black.
The Clerk to the Licensing Board is Colin Moodie.
Applications are made to the Licensing Section who provides the day to day administrative
support to the Board.
The Licensing Board meets every month except July.
The Licensing Board has a statutory duty to prepare and publish an annual financial report and a functions report not later than 3 months after the end of the financial year. The financial report must provide a statement of relevant income received by the Board during the financial year and the amount of relevant expenditure incurred in the year. An explanation of how the amounts were calculated must be included. The functions report provides clarity and transparency in relation to the work undertaken by the Board during the financial year.
The reports for 2017/18 were approved by the Board at it's meeting on 26 June 2018 and are available to download.
At its meeting on 19 December 2018, the Board approved a new Statement of Licensing Policy. The new policy makes a number of important changes and it is essential that all applicants and agents read the new policy prior to making an application. The new policy is available to download.
All meetings start at 9:30am unless otherwise advised and take place in the Council Chambers, Municipal Buildings, Falkirk.
Members of the public are welcome to attend and a guide on what to expect when attending a meeting is available to download.
- Falkirk Council Licensing Board - Financial Report 2017-18
- Falkirk Council Licensing Board Equality Strategy 2013
- Falkirk Council Licensing Board Equality Mainstreaming and Equality Outcomes Update Report - April 2017
- Falkirk Licensing Board Publication Scheme 2017
- Chief Constables Annual Report 2013-14
- Falkirk Council Licensing Board - Financial Report 2016-17
- Guide to attending a licensing board meeting
- Statutory Functions Report 2017-18
- Statement of Licensing Policy (December 2018)