Licence summary

If you operate food premises you may need to be approved by Falkirk Council.

Examples of types of premises that are required to be approved by Falkirk Council are stand alone (ie not attached to a slaughter house, cutting plant or game handling establishment). These include:

  • General activity establishments
  • Meat of domestic ungulates
  • Meat from poultry and lagomorphs
  • Meat of farmed game
  • Wild game meat
  • Minced meat, meat preparations and mechanically recovered meat
  • Meat products
  • Live bivalve molluscs
  • Fishery products.
  • Raw milk and dairy products
  • Eggs and egg products (not currently available)
  • Frogs' legs and snails
  • Rendered animal fats and greaves
  • Treated stomachs, bladders and intestines
  • Gelatine
  • Collagen

You should contact us to find out if you require approval.

Eligibility criteria

No provision in legislation.

Regulation summary

Application evaluation process

No provision in legislation.

Will tacit consent apply?

No. It is in the public interest that Falkirk Council must process your application before it can be granted.

If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks, please contact us.

How to apply

To apply for, or to change an approved premises licence you can complete the form below and send it to Falkirk Council by email or post:

Application for approval of a food premises

Failed application and licence holder redress

Please contact us in the first instance.

Consumer complaint

If you have a complaint, please contact the trader first, preferably in writing. If you do this by letter, make sure you get proof of delivery.

If you've done this and feel your complaint still hasn't been resolved, contact the Citizens Advice Bureau.

But if you do not live in the UK, you'll need to contact the UK European Consumer Centre.

Other redress

For example; complaints about noise, pollution, etc should be directed to the Environmental Protection Unit.

Environmental Protection Unit
Abbotsford House
Davids Loan
01324 506070