We are responsible for setting the taxi fares in the Falkirk Council area.
- Taxi fares from 1 October 2013
Under the Civic
Government (Scotland) Act 1982, we must regularly review our taxi fares. We
must complete our review within 18 months of the new fares coming into effect.
When we carry out a review, we:
- Listen to the views of the representatives of our taxi operators
- Advertise the proposed new fares in a local newspaper
- Invite members of the public to make comments within one month of the newspaper
advertisement and consider any comments that are made
- Advise our taxi operators of the new fares
If you are a taxi operator in our area and you do not agree with the new fares, you
appeal to the traffic commissioner. You must to do this within 14 days of
the new fares being approved.
If you would like more information about how we set taxi fares, please contact us: