We strongly support cycle training as it plays an important part in increasing levels
of cycling. It is important for children cycling to school, but also for adults
cycling as commuters and for leisure.
The types of training available in the Falkirk Council area are:
- Bikeability Levels 1 and 2 – What used to be known as 'Cycling Proficiency'. Now
updated and offered to primary six and seven in all Falkirk Council schools.
- Children's Bike Club – Specialist training offered three times a year for children
with Autistic Spectrum Disorders.
- Cycle Training Assistant – A one-day course offered to volunteers and school staff
who wish to become involved in delivering Bikeability in their school or the wider
Falkirk Council area.
- Volunteer Guided Ride Training – Offered to volunteers who wish to help with the
development and running of guided cycle rides in the Falkirk Council area.
- Commuter Cycle Training – Offered to all Falkirk Council staff and available to
employees of local businesses.
- Cycle Maintenance Training – Training by
Recyke-a-Bike and the
Dawson Bike Club
in basic and advanced cycle maintenance.
Frequently asked questions