The Taxicard is for people with disabilities who cannot use ordinary buses and allows
holders to travel in taxis at a reduced fare.
There is no charge for a Taxicard but applicants must be permanently resident in
the Falkirk Council area and meet one of the following criteria:
- your ability to walk is seriously impaired and you cannot board low-floor buses
- you are registered blind
How to Apply
The Taxicard application form is available for download:
- Taxicard application form
You also can get application forms from:
Frequently asked questions
- How do I apply for a Taxicard?
- Do I need to supply a photograph?
- When and where can I use Taxicard?
- How do I book a journey?
- How much will my journey cost?
- How often can I use my Taxicard?
- Can my friends travel with me?
- How long will it take to process my application?
- Is there a charge to get a Taxicard?
- How long is my Taxicard valid for?
- How do I re-apply for a Taxicard?
- I have lost my Taxicard, how do I get a replacement?
How do I apply for a Taxicard?
Please complete the application form and:
- If you are applying because your ability to walk is seriously impaired and you cannot use a low-floor bus; or if you are registered partially sighted the form should be given to your doctor to complete part B.
- If you are applying because you are registered blind, the form should be sent directly to Abbotsford House.
Do I need to supply a photograph?
If you hold a valid National Entitlement Card (bus pass) we can use that photograph from our records. If you do not hold a valid National Entitlement card (bus pass), or want to supply a new photograph, you must supply a passport-sized photograph with your application form.
When and where can I use Taxicard?
You can travel at any time but you must book your journey in advance. Taxicard can be used for any journey that starts or finishes in the Falkirk Council area.
How do I book a journey?
You can book a journey by calling 01786 465355, normally a day in advance. Same day bookings may be requested before 10am but cannot be guaranteed. If you require a wheelchair accessible taxi, you should ask for this when booking your journey.
How much will my journey cost?
On journeys where the taxi fare is up to £4, Taxicard holders pay half-fare. On journeys where the taxi fare is over £4, Taxicard holders pay the taxi fare less £2.00.
How often can I use my Taxicard?
A Taxicard allows up to six subsidised journeys per week.
Can my friends travel with me?
Yes. Up to three people can travel with you for 20p each per single journey.
How long will it take to process my application?
Once we have received and processed a fully completed application form, your Taxicard will be sent to you by post in approximately 7-10 days.
Is there a charge to get a Taxicard?
No, your Taxicard is issued free of charge.
How long is my Taxicard valid for?
Your Taxicard will be valid for up to 5 years.
How do I re-apply for a Taxicard?
You should re-apply for a new Taxicard one month before your current one expires.
I have lost my Taxicard, how do I get a replacement?
You can order a replacement Taxicard by contacting any Falkirk Council One Stop Shop or by telephoning 01324 504793. A replacement Taxicard will be sent to you by post in approximately 7-10 days. There is no charge for a replacement Taxicard.