As of January 2015, all Primary 1 - 3 pupils are entitled to a free school meal.
In addition, we can provide free school meals to children who live in the Falkirk
are attending a Falkirk Council school
and whose parents or carers get one of the following:
- Income Support*
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance*
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related)*
- Child Tax Credit, but not Working Tax Credit, where the award letter from Her Majesty's
Revenue and Customs (HMRC) states that the annual income is not greater than £16,105*
- Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit, where the award letter from Her Majesty's
Revenue Customs (HMRC) states that the annual income is below £6,420*
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit
* Pupils are eligible to apply for free school meals in their own right if they
are aged 16 to 18, and receive one of these benefits.
How to apply
Remember, you need to apply each year. You need to apply as soon as possible to avoid
Other ways to apply
You can also download an application form, or pick one up from most
Shops/Advice and Support Hub:
- Application for Free School Meals and School Clothing Grants
What happens next
We'll assess your application and make an award if you meet the criteria. We'll
do this within 4 weeks, but it can take longer.
We can't guarantee forms received after 31 July 2017 will be processed before the
start of term.
If your child turns 16 before 30 September 2017, we will not be able to award their
free school meals until they return in August.