As of January 2015, all Primary 1 - 3 pupils are entitled to a free school meal.
In addition, we can provide free school meals to children who live in the Falkirk
are attending a Falkirk Council school
and whose parents or carers get one of the following:
- Income Support*
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance*
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related)*
- Child Tax Credit, but not Working Tax Credit, where the award letter from Her Majesty's
Revenue and Customs (HMRC) states that the annual income is not greater than £16,105*
- Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit, where the award letter from Her Majesty's
Revenue Customs (HMRC) states that the annual income is below £6,420*
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit
* Pupils are eligible to apply for free school meals in their own right if they
are aged 16 to 18, and receive one of these benefits.
How to apply
Applications are now at peak volume and are taking around 6 weeks to process. We are working through these as a priority and will be in touch as soon as we can.
Remember, you need to apply each year. If you're applying for the first time, you can download an application form or pick
one up from most One Stop Shops/Advice and Support Hub.
- Application for Free School Meals and School Clothing Grants
Please return all application forms as soon as possible to avoid missing out.
You can get help to fill out your form from most One Stop Shops/Advice and Support Hub. General advice is also available by calling 01324 590599.