You may be entitled to a £50 (per child) grant towards the cost of school clothing
Clothing grants are available for children who live in the Falkirk Council area
and who are in compulsory education at any of our
special or secondary
schools. Pupils attending some special schools outside the area may also be eligible
for this grant.
School clothing grants are not available to children attending
nursery schools, nursery classes or other pre-5 centres.
In order to be eligible, you must get one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit only with a gross annual income below £16,105
- Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit with a gross annual income below £16,105
Payments are paid directly into the parent's bank account.
How to apply
Applications are now at peak volume and are taking around 6 weeks to process. We are working through these as a priority and will be in touch as soon as we can.
Remember, you need to apply each year. If you're applying for the first time, you can download an application form or pick
one up from most One Stop Shops/Advice and Support Hub.
- Application for Free School Meals and School Clothing Grants
Please return all application forms as soon as possible to avoid missing out.
You can get help to fill out your form from most One Stop Shops/Advice and Support Hub. General advice is also available by calling 01324 590599.