You may be entitled to a £120 (per child) grant towards the cost of school clothing
and footwear. This was recently increased from £100 (per child).
Clothing grants are available for children who live in the Falkirk Council area
and who are in compulsory education at any of our
special or secondary
schools. Pupils attending some special schools outside the area may also be eligible
for this grant.
School clothing grants are not available to children attending
nursery schools, nursery classes or other pre-5 centres.
In order to be eligible, you must get one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit only with a gross annual income below £16,105
- Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit with a gross annual income below £16,105
- Universal Credit, with monthly earned income of not more than £1,342
Payments are paid directly into the parent's bank account.
How to apply
Remember, you need to apply each year. You need to apply as soon as possible to avoid
Use our Online Postbox form to submit any documents you have been asked to supply.
You can currently use the form to submit documents for the following services:
- Housing benefit
- Council Tax
- Free school meals and Clothing grant
- Education Maintenance Allowance
- Homespot application form