Falkirk Council

Falkirk Council
Telephone: 01324 506070

What is a Carer's Assessment?

Carers who provide unpaid care on a regular basis to an adult or child with a frailty, illness and/or disability are entitled to a Carer's Assessment.

You can ask social work or health services for a Carer's Assessment. The assessment will look at your needs in relation to the person you care for. We will listen to your views on services that will help you care.

Alternatively you can carry out your own assessment of need. You can download a Carer's Assessment form (PDF, 140KB), |or you can pick one up from your local social work office|, or from the Princess Royal Trust Falkirk & Clackmannanshire Carers Centre|. The Carers Centre can also help you to fill in the form.

For more information on receiving a Carer's Assessment you can also ask your GP, health visitor, or district nurse.

Related Pages
Related Links
Contact Us
  • By Post:
    The Princess Royal Trust Falkirk & Clackmannanshire Carers Centre
    Bank Chambers
    1a Bank Street
    FK1 1NB  
  • By Telephone:
    01324 611510
  • By Fax:
    01324 622022
  • By Email: