Recruitment is now re-starting to support the recovery towards normal service provision.
A new style Job Profile should be produced for the post before you can start the recruitment process. A number of profiles have already been created for high population jobs. If you don't yet have a Job Profile, please be aware that it can take up to 6 weeks. Contact your HR Adviser for more information.
- Interviews should take place remotely via Webex, Skype or other approved video conferencing facilities to ensure physical distancing is observed.
- Schedule interviews allowing time for any technical glitches to be sorted out.
- Where an applicant has no appropriate IT, risk assessments must be carried out before any face to face interviews take place.
Start dates and Induction of new employees
- Agree a start date once pre-employment checks are completed satisfactorily.
- Option for new start to undertake online induction prior to starting work.
- Determine whether on the job training is required and if so, how this can be delivered. Individuals should be working from home unless it is not possible for the type of job that they will do. Where it is essential for new starts to attend the workplace, the appropriate Risk Assessment must be in place.
- You may need to organise equipment for the new start to facilitate working from home. Consideration can also be given to Bring Your Own Device.
- Consider additional 1-1’s and team meetings to integrate the new start and provide additional support during the initial employment period.