An open discussion was had regarding the visit to East Ayrshire on 09 April 2019. This covered:
- its transformation programme
- its approach to community engagement and community asset transfer
- the support provided to communities
- how it empowered employees
- how a similar approach could be adopted by Falkirk Council to better meet the needs of its communities and realise business objectives
Council of the Future – Governance
- A review of the Council of the Future Governance has been undertaken.
- Revised governance is being put into place to provide a more cross cutting, One Council approach to ensure projects deliver on the objectives laid down in the 5-year business plan.
- Five new boards aligned to workstreams will be established and will replace Service Change Boards.
- The workstream boards will escalate any issues or successes to the Make it Happen which will in turn report into the Council of the Future Board.
- The Council of the Future Board will primarily focus on the progress of the top 10 priority projects.
- Reporting will continue on a quarterly basis to the Executive and 6 monthly to Audit (risk).
- £1million has been set aside for the Change Fund (2019/2020).
- The funding will be used to support a range of priority projects (to be identified).
- These projects will be expected to provide a range of benefits including:
- high value savings
- income generation
- have a significant, positive impact on community engagement
Business Plan Sign Off
- Officers from across the Council have contributed to the Council's five-year business plan.
- The plan aims to move the Council away from annual salami slicing towards longer term goals.
- The Executive will be asked to agree a direction of travel allowing work to continue on developing a suite of transformational projects.
- These projects will help to bridge the Council’s financial gap over the coming years.
- When financial or other member decisions require to be taken these will be brought before elected members to decide.
- A communication strategy has been developed to ensure employees understand what the plan means for the Council – and for them – if approved by the Executive.
Next meeting of the Board – 27 June 2019