This project aims to ensure everyone has an equal chance to be healthier, happier, safer and build sustainable communities. Ambitious? Yes. Achievable? Yes, but only if we work together with our communities and partners, working as equals to create a plan that improves lives across the Falkirk Council area.
To do that, we'll help community conversations take place, developing discussions to strengthen our relationship with communities over time and provide a way for all voices to be heard. And we’ll use the outcomes of these conversations to keep Council of the Future transformation projects focused on the right things.
Only by sharing decision making with communities and encouraging their participation to find solutions can we realise our ambitions for the area.
As part of our core business we will:
- work to protect and improve the health & wellbeing of all.
- ask, listen, and act on what our communities tell us.
- cut red tape to make it easier for communities to make decisions for themselves.
- build on new strengths created within our communities.
As part of our recovery we will:
- review how the value of existing support might be increased to help meet the additional pressures low income families are facing and what more we can do to ensure families in need are able to access the support available.
- create a more joined up approach across the Council, with our partners and the Voluntary and Third Sectors to look at pathways out of poverty for the most vulnerable.
- redefine our relationships with communities, Third Sector and voluntary sector in how we work together to realise opportunities and respond to challenges ahead, learning from how these roles responded to COVID-19.