How many attended the Hackathon and from which team(s)?
Six separate Hackathons were held between March 2018 and October 2018. Between 5 and 8 people attended each event. Attendees came from: Finance, Housing Management, and Debt management.
Why was a Hackathon needed?
To agree the model of delivery of the rent arrears process by looking at the interactions between Debt Management and Housing Officers.
What were the key points discussed?
- Non rent debt
- The option of a home visit letter template to be used as an alternative to the pre-Notice of Proceedings (NOPR) office meeting
- Checks made with Revenues for housing benefit
- Pre-court interview process
- Court application process
- Evictions panel
- Ongoing review of process
What actions came from the Hackathon(s)?
- Pilot of new home visit letter and visits taken place
- Training on Universal Credit
- Eviction panel established
- There is now a clearer understanding of responsibilities