This one-day, practical course aims to help you understand the principles of Plain English and show you how to use it in your day-to-day work.
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- Consider what’s appropriate for your readers
- Be specific by avoiding jargon and waffle
- Cut out unnecessary words and rephrase complicated sentences with ease
- Avoid wasting time by getting your message across first time, using a style and tone appropriate for your intended audience
- Structure your document, for example email or report, to give it greater impact
- Understand the importance of proof reading your written work
What you need to bring on the day
Please bring a piece of your own writing, for example information about your service, a report, policy, procedure or guidelines. You’ll get the chance to review it against Plain English principles during the day.
||For more information contact Jill McGreachan on 07834 120813 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.