This one day assertiveness course will build on the Assertiveness Skills e-learning course which you should have completed, prior to attending. It will provide you with a recap of the basics of assertive and non-assertive behaviour and allow you to practice assertiveness techniques in a safe environment.
If there are certain situations at work which you feel you could handle better, such as asking for help, refusing requests and negotiating with colleagues, then learning to develop a more assertive style could be for you.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the difference between aggressive, submissive and assertive behaviour
- Demonstrate the 3 key principles of assertive behaviour
- be honest about what is relevant
- stick to your bottom line
- communicate as equals
- Apply assertiveness principles to specific work situations.
13 February 2020