Five workstream boards have been set up to provide Services with a way to work more closely together to speed up transformation.
Aligned to the workstreams in the Council's five-year business plan, each board offers a more cross cutting and one council approach to change.
All Project Managers of Council of the Future projects contained within a workstream will provide updates and discuss any issues they foresee to their appropriate board every six weeks.
Because officers from across different services will be in attendance at each board, it provides a way to share knowledge and expertise to help overcome obstacles and ensure success is achieved quickly.
These workstream boards comprise:
- Senior Responsible Owner (SRO): Will ensure the board remains focused on achieving its objectives, making sure change is embedded and the expected benefits realised.
- Chair: Is responsible for making sure each meeting is planned effectively and that matters are dealt with in an orderly, efficient manner.
- Programme Management Office (PMO): Aligned to the workstream.
- Central Support Team: Comprised representatives from HR, Finance, and Policy, Technology & Improvement.
- Project Managers (and relevant Project Sponsors - when required)
- Subject matter experts (as required): This could include representatives from Legal, Procurement, and external experts.
The contacts for each workstream are:
- Enabled Communities: Kenny Gillespie (SRO); David Mackay (Chair)
- Services of the Future: Annemarie Neilson (SRO); Sara Lacey (Chair)
- Digital: Caroline Binnie (SRO); Jon Reid (Chair)
- Transformational Enablers: Karen Algie (SRO); Julie McKenna (Chair)
- Entrepreneurial Services: Carl Bullough (SRO); Graeme Webster (Chair)
SROs and Chairs have been assigned for 12 months after which a review will be undertaken.
Progress from each of the workstream boards will then be reported to the Make it Happen Board, which will track progress and address any issues that may arise, escalating challenges to the Council of the Future Board if required.
The Make it Happen Board will be chaired by Chief Executive Kenneth Lawrie while Stuart Ritchie, Director of Corporate & Housing Services, has overall responsibility for the delivery of the Programme.