Procuring for the Future
- Change Fund bid agreed, and two graduates in place in August, to support the implementation of electronic invoicing.
- Progress being made with the implementation of ICE and punch-out to support upload of additional Integra catalogues and access to online supplier.
- Falkirk Council’s spend data for 2018/19 successfully uploaded to Scottish Government’s Information Observatory.
- Construction provider event was held on June 19th, this was a key event as part of Development Services requirement to establish a Local Construction Forum during 2019.
Food for Falkirk
- Met with Marvellous Meals to clarify requirement for 1140 nursery hours to ensure we are ready for the new school year in August.
Commercialisation for Design Roads & Transport
- Initial scoping for the project, including suggestions from a recent staff suggestion scheme, have identified potential opportunities to progress commercially.
- Links made with Waste Services to review changes to operational working week to see whether there is potential for Design, Roads & Transport to implement something similar.
Commercialisation of Environmental Services
- The new process is now in operation at Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRC) and will be subject to ongoing monitoring. Positive early indication with reduced tonnage coming into HWRC sites for May and June.
- It is anticipated that the new process may cause an increase in fly tipping and a positive meeting was held with the Web and Digital Services Team to progress the development of MyFalkirk to allow customers to report fly tipping.
- Initial scoping meeting has taken place on potential income generation opportunities and will be further developed over the coming months.
Commercialisation of Corporate Finance
- Internal Audit Services joint working agreement with Clackmannanshire Council has been agreed for a further three-year period to March 31st.
- Stakeholder consultation is underway to discuss and scope other possible commercial opportunities.
Fees and Charges
- Initial discussions have started with Services to scope out the project.