Housing of Tomorrow
- Accessible Housing: in partnership with NHS Forth Valley, secondment for a Community Psychiatric Nurse to join the House Needs Service is being progressed. The outcome from Scottish Government on the submitted Rapid Rehousing Transition Plan is expected during July.
- Supporting Staff: this project is now complete. A piece of work around lessons learnt is to be completed.
- Optimising Performance - BSI Standards ISO 9001 Accreditation: an ISO audit team was recruited and trained during June. All are now qualified accredited ISO auditors. The aim is to have the housing service fully ISO 9001 accredited by the end on 2020.
Redesign of BMD Services
- Upgrade of Inchyra: roofing work completed and good progress continues on the internal building work to the stores area, which is currently ahead of schedule.
- Home to Work: subproject complete with c150 operational employees. Outcomes and operational issues are being evaluated with Trade Unions.
- Organisational - Better, Smarter Working: draft workforce/business plan prepared. Trade Union consultation is due to take place August/September to address recruitment and retention issues.
Services for the Bereaved
- Plotbox DPIA has been signed off. Work has started to digitise the Book of Remembrance.
Transformation of HR & Payroll
- Meetings have taken place between HR and Payroll staff from Falkirk and Clackmannanshire Councils to determine the viability of shared services. These meetings have been positive and constructive but as yet inconclusive in determining the viability of a shared services approach.
Transformation of Environmental Services
- The project is currently being scoped. The Council is currently engaging with an external provider with the view to improving the efficiency of waste collection routes, including the introduction of improved in-cab technologies.
Transformation of Roads & Grounds Maintenance
- Kinneil Plant Nursery closed on July 5th following the provision of plants to community groups and the final plant sale.
- A meeting with the Project Sponsor and the Head of Environmental Services has taken place to discuss work being undertaken in Waste Services regarding the operational workforce working week and opportunities for commercialisation.
Review of Transport
- This project is still being scoped. An initial meeting with the Education Service has taken place and discussions have started around linkage with the Green Travel plan project.
Support & Learning for All
- Financial and school data is being collected to starting building a picture of spend within the Education division of Children’s Services.
- Over the next few months further work will be undertaken to assess the best way for staff to support pupils in schools.
Investing for Inclusive Growth
- Meeting arranged for July 8th to scope project which is envisaged to focus on the Growth Deal.