| Latest update
Analogue to Digital
- Box Roll out
- Roll out of digital boxes is ahead of plan at the moment with 86% against a plan of 83% at the end Aug.
- Further analysis has highlighted around 265 users, who require several telecare products such as epilepsy monitors, may be affected by the fact the digital boxes cannot run multiple applications in analogue mode. Options to resolve the issue are being sought, however, it may be the new Digital ARC will have to be deployed and boxes migrated before this can be resolved, which could take up to 12 months.
- Digital ARC
- The Chief Information Security Officer at the Local Govt Digital Office has agreed to meet with our Contact Centre manager to identify key technical risks prior to digital transition.
- Recruitment process commenced for a Project Manager to support Digital Telecare transition.
- A meeting with Chubb systems on 17 September will allow us to:
- adjust our timescales within our project plan
- agree a realistic implementation date.
Delivering Modern & Digital
- Digital Skills
- Meeting to discuss Digital Champions has been held with Head of Service in Adult Social Work.
- Meeting held with other Councils to research and discuss their approach to Digital Champions.
- Progress on the development of three new MyForms has been made. This includes a form to request purchasing additional leave which has gone live. The other forms will go live in September.
- A systems review has been undertaken with a Solutions Designer from the software supplier leading the review. This will result in a report outlining our present system usage and identifying potential areas for further use and development. The review was well received by Council staff and should act as a foundation for future development of the system.
Rock Solid Technology
- SWIS Replacement
- Adult' User Acceptance Testing round two has taken place. This included connecting the Adults' system to the Adults' finance system for the first time.
- Children’s Services has specified a number of their processes.
- Criminal Justice Service (CJS) saw the first release of its module and have carried out testing on this. Work on data cleansing and migration has continued.
- Falkirk Cloud Education
- Audit by IT of Printers data and users completed.
- IT to deliver Citrix Workspace to education PCs.
- Pilot to be set up for education users.
- Enterprise Telephony Solution
- 1200 staff have changed over and around 210 lines that are active and not used have been cancelled.
- We have prioritised the next sites to maximise the changeover. These are:
- Sensory Centre
- Abbotsford House
- Sealock House
- Inchyra Rd Depot
- Falkirk Stadium
- Dalgrain Estates Depot
- Earls Rd Estates Depot
- Sites after these will be medium\small sites.
- The project is going well however, there are a few technical issues that require attention.
- We are now moving towards preparing the governance and naming conventions for the project and will require support to deliver and maintain this.
- Virtual Learning
- A new Project Manager has now been identified, Colin Meikle from Larbert High School who replaces Tracey Fox.
- The number of pupils enrolled on the course should now stabilise as exam results have been released and course choices amended.
- A loan bank of ipads has been created in order to support any technical issues that arise.
- The supporting teacher has used the online feedback features to grade and assess essays and return to students. Two more online tutorials have been held, plus an additional Saturday session for those pupils unable to attend one of the online tutorials.
- Digital Transformation of Revenue & Benefits
- Meeting with Senior Responsible Owner of the Digital Workstream, Information Computer Technology, and Programme Management Office to get a better understanding of automation and how it could be used corporately for routine processes.
- Digital Transformation of Governance
- Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA) and Equality & Poverty Impact Assessment have been completed to assess the impact around changing payment channels for licensing.
- Meeting with Northgate (supplier) was held to discuss timescales for the project and migration to new system.
- Digital Transformation of Business Support
- Further significant delays to CM2000 project. Requirement for Adult Services to identify appropriate project management governance/management and agree revised project plan with timescales.
- A proposal has been revised and issued to the supplier to re-develop and adjust timescales.
- Digital Transformation of HR & Payroll
- A preferred supplier has been identified from the Digital Marketplace Exercise.
- An application to the Change Fund has been submitted. Until outcomes are now this may extend the delivery timescale.
- Digital Solutions for Design, Roads & Transport
- Introduction of gritter tracking system on FC website is on track for completion by the end of September 2019.
- As a result of a software supplier delay, there is a four week delay on the mobile & flexible working roll out. Testing is now scheduled for October.
- Automated gritting is expected to be in place by end of October 2019.
- LED Street Lighting
- 46.1% of lighting stock now converted to LED (0.5% increase from last reporting period)
- 56 lit bollards have been replaced with reflective bollards and 94 lit signs, no longer required under TSRGD 2019, have been removed.
- Next Generation Contact Centre
- Appropriate automated/PCI Compliant payments system has been identified and the Project Manager now requires approval to go to procurement for this system.
- BT has informed us that the NGCC will be upgraded to version 7 in October 2019, this will move all milestones back by one month, or until the upgrade is signed off by the Contact Centre Manager.
- Following successful NGCC/MyFalkirk testing, full integration will be implemented without seeking further authorisation.
Housing of Tomorrow
- IHMS System Upgrade
- Market research has been completed and three suppliers are providing demonstrations of their systems on 25 September. Following this the system specification document will be finalised by the end of September.
- The initial DPIA has been approved.