- Jacqueline Wilson has been appointed CAN representative for the Workstream Board having previously indicated an interest in attending.
Project Updates – amber status projects
- Advice Hubs & Spokes
- Report to go to Executive in October which will include an update on the status of the Central Hub.
Challenges for Community Sparkathon November 5th & 6th
- The following challenges will be explored at the upcoming community sparkathon:
- Behaviour & Culture change:
- A ‘One council’ approach: how we want the council to behave by 2023
- Getting key staff and other staff to engage with communities more effectively
- Strategic Property Review: engaging communities in dialogue around service and facility priorities.
- Locality Planning in central locality: Central locality could be a test bed for a new approach which could be explored at the community sparkathon. This will also explore Participatory Budgeting (PB) and ask the community how they want to be involved in a PB process.
Council of the Future Vision
- Don’t cloud the landscape with multiple visions
- Suggestions included:
- Getting it Right for Every Community
- Getting it right with every community
- Getting it right with our community
Make it happen – quick wins
- Engagement workshop – achieving buy-in to what we’re trying to do
- Engagement mapping exercise to be completed. Pro-formas to be submitted by 22 September 2019
- Review of workstreams with a view to additional ‘community related’ projects moving to Enabled Communities
- Preparation of key terms glossary
- Community Sparkathon November 5th & 6th
Summary of meeting
- Enabled Communities workshop update
- Review of projects with Amber/Red status:
- Closer to Home and Advice Hubs and Spokes projects are currently at amber status. Locality Planning project at green status.
- Project Success Measures and PI’s to be reviewed to assist progress monitoring. Workstream success measures to be confirmed.
- Workstream Challenges to be explored during Community Sparkathon in November.
- Scheduled to take place on October 23rd.