As of Monday 23 March all secondary schools are open for the following groups of pupils who are fit, healthy and show no symptoms of Coronavirus (COVID-19):
- Pupils (S1–6) of parents working within NHS, emergency or critical services who are unable to make alternative arrangements
- Pupils (S1–6) who are in our most vulnerable groups (including Looked After Children and children on the Child Protection Register)
- Pupils (S4–S6) who have outstanding course work or internal assessment to complete
Early learning and primary schools
In each cluster area we will identify an early learning and primary hub that will provide appropriate learning activities for those children who are fit, healthy and show no symptoms of Coronavirus (COVID-19):
- Nursery age to P7 children of parents working within emergency or critical services who are unable to make alternative arrangements for child care
- Nursery age to P7 children of our most vulnerable groups (including Looked After Children and Children on the Child Protection Register)
Temporary Learning and Childcare for Essential Workers
We are working to create an offer of learning and care for the children of parents and carers who are essential workers.
Help us by applying for temporary childcare by 23:59 on Saturday 21 March if you are considered an essential worker.
Children with Severe and Complex Needs
Strategic leads for Carrongrange School, Thistle Wing and Time Zone are working with all Children’s Services Partners to prepare a package of support to our most vulnerable children and young people.
Our Early Learning and Education Workforce
All staff who are fit for and can be at work will be part of our offer. We are currently working to finalise staff deployment to support this plan.
All schools will be providing Grab Bag lunches from Monday 23 March.
All existing Home to School Transport to secondary school for pupils who are distance entitled will operate as normal until the end of term. There will be NO transport to the identified early learning and primary hubs within each cluster.
Communication with Parents
Colleagues are currently preparing communications to outline our plans in relation to the support described above and this will be issued to families shortly.