Projects & Recovery
- All projects should look at activities that have not been completed during lockdown and consider whether these should be resumed.
- Focus must be on enabling communities and ensuring they are included as partners in the recovery plan
- Consideration to be given to whether any projects can be accelerated or new projects identified.
Closer to Communities
- Closer to Communities and Locality Planning need to be merged.
- A positive and responsive collaboration with partners and 3rd sector during COVID-19 to meet the needs of communities needs to be built on.
- Project to be rescoped.
Closer to Home
- Existing 7 projects have been delayed as a result of COVID-19.
- Emergency accommodation has incurred expenditure for looked after children and will impact the budget savings.
Succeed Today Excel Tomorrow
- Existing Education program ties directly to recovery plan.
- Connected Falkirk awarded Year 1 capital to expand digital equality and infrastructure for all education.
- Level of digital learning has been phenomenal during COVID-19.
Advice Hubs & Spokes
- Central hub at a critical decision point. Project Scope needs to be reviewed taking into account the change in service delivery model implemented during COVID-19.
- 3 Projects have requested support from the Change Fund.
- Requests to be formalised by completing Change Fund Bid Template.
- Bids must articulate a clear return on investment.
- All projects to consider any new capital requirements and prepare submission for end of June
- Succeed Today Excel Tomorrow – Plan being prepared for next 5 years. Match funding available from Scottish Govt. Report being prepared for Executive Committee for last week in June.
Date of next meeting: June 24th