| Latest update
- Embed climate change, decarbonisation etc for all areas within the council. £59m capital bid.
- Links to other WS boards. This will not deliver direct saving but will enable other services to make savings in the future.
Investment Zone/Town Centre
- Ensuring Town Centre supported, vital especially against the background of COVID-19.
- This will link into Town Centre regeneration, Investment zone & Employment opportunities.
- Not about savings in the short term.
- Currently in discussions with Scottish and UK Governments around how the £90m will be spent
- About supporting our economy to recover.
- Develop a suite of support measures via additional funding from Council or Government.
- Seeking additional funding for future years.
- Ties in with associated Scotland & UK Government interventions.
- 2-3-year action plan and will be seeking additional funding.
- Looks to make savings through reducing the demand on other local services i.e. CJS, etc.
- Looking at barriers to employment.
- Links closely with other projects e.g. Child poverty action plan, equalities etc.
- Supporting SDS and Employment Opportunities.
- Linking with Procurement to enable clauses around employing local people.
- New funding in a project with Clacks and Stirling Council & UK Government also Scottish Government Guarantee for young people.
- Used to be green travel plan, started before COVID-19, changed a good bit after more Working from Home.
- Also looks at how we travel during work time; how our fleet vehicles should look.
- Uncertainty with SPR and potential changes soon. We can then develop green travel plan for each unit.
- Looking at our fleet and SME fleets and at additional fuel sources in addition to electric vehicles.
- Aim to be ahead of the curve similar to our EV programme.
- Unsuccessful in a bid to Scottish Enterprise and Transport Scotland.
- Links to climate change and Sustainable travel.
- Entrepreneurial strategy has been developed.
- Quick Wins element already in place.
- The aim will be to change mindset as well as drive up income opportunities.
- Positive to note that the PMs have a strong degree of clarity around the outcomes of their projects.
- Work ongoing to tighten up PIDs & milestones.
- Perhaps a need to improve the development of the financial impacts of projects in a robust business case process.
Next Enterprise meeting: 4 February 2021