- New dashboard created to track progress of projects, most notably priority projects. Dashboard will evolve as projects achieve.
- More in-depth than previous RAG status – which was felt too simplistic.
- Dashboard sets out the gateway each project is in, savings (to date and projected) and milestone roadmap to end 2021.
- Similar tracker will be created for each workstream board.
- Provides robustness and consistency to reporting progress.
- Corporate & Housing have piloted a performance review statement, which will be rolled out to all Services.
- Children's Service needs to provide a representative to attend performance forum.
- Timings for future reports on or related to priority projects are due to be sent to Stuart by Friday, 28 May.
- Important report in June - HQ & Arts Centre report goes to committee.
- Draft report from Auditors due in August.
- Important to always link in with COTF programme and priorities – must make the connections as robustly as possible.
- Ideally take forward multi-year savings for approval within reports so we do not need to fall back on service savings.
- Closer to Home project identified as a standard bearer – compelling story and deliverable savings as well as service improvements.
- Look to create a style template for reports going forward on the 10 priority projects.
New transformation projects
- A document has been circulated that provides information on transformation projects being undertaken by other councils.
- Board members have been asked to consider if any of the projects listed could bear fruit for our organisation.
- If an idea is worth investigating, a business case would need to be produced to ascertain scope and benefits.
- Board members are to bring their thoughts to the table in July.
- Aggressively tapping into the recruitment market and agencies to ensure the right candidates are interviewed.
- Resource for Closer to Home has been identified; less successful finding resource for Succeed Today, Excel Tomorrow.
- HR Business Partner should be in place w/c 7 June.
- Work still underway for a Senior Accountant.
- Good progress being made but there are challenges still to overcome.
- Potential to 'shuffle the pack’ and think about who we have in house.
- Report on recruitment to go back to the COTF Board in July.
- Programme risk now aligned to Corporate risk to provide a broader approach and consistency.
Next meeting of the MIH Board: 21 June