By law both people entering into a civil partnership are required to submit civil partnership forms to the registrar of the district they wish to register their civil partnership.

You can download the Civil Partnership Notice application form and guidance notes for the application from the National Records of Scotland below:

A Declaration of Immigration Status should also be completed by anyone who is not British, Swiss or an EEA National:

Declaration of Immigration Status

You can also get these forms from your local registration office or from the National Records of Scotland.

Notice must be given no earlier than three months before the date of your civil partnership registration and no later than 29 days before that date.