Please note that from 01 March 2015 notice must be given no later than 29 days before the date of the marriage.

If you are planning a religious or civil marriage, or want to renew your wedding vows, you can visit our registration office.

You can be married at any agreed venue in the Falkirk Council area.

Getting Married in Scotland

You don't need to be resident in Scotland to be married here.

If you are subject to Immigration Control you should read the information provided by the Home Office carefully.

However, by law, both people wishing to marry in a civil or religious ceremony must submit marriage notice application forms to the district registrar.

You must submit these forms no earlier than 3 months, and no later than 29 days, before the date you want to marry on. If you would like to submit your marriage notice forms in person, please telephone 01324 506580 to make an appointment.

You can also get application forms from your local registration office or from the National Records of Scotland.

There is a fee for each marriage notice. You must pay this when submitting the notices.

You should also give the registrar the names and addresses of two witnesses who must be aged 16 or over.