The Scottish Government have announced a new Brexit package of support - Prepare for Brexit. This is to help companies plan effectively for the implications of Brexit.
- A Brexit checklist - to help you prepare your business for the UK's departure from the EU.
- Talk to an export advisor – the export advisory service can provide your business with one-to-one support to help you think ahead and assess what Brexit might mean for you.
- Creating an action plan for Brexit – working with an export advisor on how to develop a Brexit-focused action plan.
- International Project Support – a £4K grant available for consultancy support to help companies plan for Brexit and identify specific Brexit-related international issues that may impact your company's growth.
Potential areas of support include:
- reviewing and optimising transport or logistics arrangements
- strengthening financial and currency management and mitigating against risk
- Brexit impact scenario planning and potential outcomes for your business
- supply chain risks and opportunities
- modelling the impact of potential changes to tariffs, documentary requirements and customs clearance
- identifying potential staff recruitment and retention issues relating to Brexit and any skills gaps
Additional support is also available to help companies sell into the EU from online learning via Export Savvy, export bootcamps and Brexit awareness events, market visits, help develop a strategy, market research support and access to EU market opportunities.
If you have any further questions on Get set for Brexit or export support, please contact 0300 013 3385 or email@example.com or email a member of the Trade Services team for Falkirk, Stirling & Clackmannanshire at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The UK Government have now produced guidance on how to prepare for Brexit if there's no deal.