Grants of up to £600 are available to help community groups providing free food and activities during the school holidays.
To make it easier, organisations can choose to apply for funding for both holiday periods via a single application. Please note: funding is limited to £300 for one holiday period or £600 for both.
For this fund, Holiday Clubs are defined as:
"Projects that provide families with meals and opportunities to engage in the community during the school holidays."
Community Learning is defined as:
"Supporting people to empower themselves, individually and collectively, to make positive changes in their lives and in their communities, through learning."
Apply for funding
To apply for a grant, groups must have:
- a signed constitution
- a bank account in the name of the group with two signatories on all payments
- a child protection policy
- risk assessments for the club and activities
- relevant staff/volunteers as members of Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme, if required
Funding decisions will be made by a panel from the Fairer Falkirk Partnership, part of Community Planning Falkirk.
Preference will be given to holiday clubs that:
- Focus on low income families
- Provide good, nourishing food every day
- Coach food prep and cooking skills
- Provide learning programmes
- Promote half an hour of moderate/vigorous exercise every day
- Holiday Club Fund application form
Please submit applications as soon as possible to:
What won't be funded?
- Activities promoting religious or political beliefs
- Private companies or individuals
- Running costs for organisations
How much money can be applied for?
There are limited funds available so an upper limit of £600 is set. Funding will be spread amongst many groups across the council area so please be realistic about what you need.
As this is public money, assurances will be needed for areas such as banking and insurance etc.
The panel will consider applications regularly over the coming weeks so please submit applications as soon as possible.
If your application is successful, the Fairer Falkirk Partnership will work with you to gather information on the benefits the holiday club delivered.