Anyone who manages a team knows that getting the most out of employees sometimes requires having uncomfortable conversations and dealing with problems is part of the job. Managers also know that putting off such conversations will often make problems worse. Our Tough Conversations course will improve your ability to have those honest but tough conversations that can lead to behaviour change and ultimately better results for your team.
This one day course helps you achieve the required outcomes of Falkirk Council policies. It helps you work through how to deal with the practical issues that arise from managing performance issues like absence and underperformance.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Identify workplace situations where you may have difficulty carrying out a tough conversation.
- List workplace situations where the skills of carrying out tough conversations can be applied.
- State the Falkirk Council policies that would be supported through carrying out tough conversations.
- Identify the skills required to carry out a tough conversation.
- List the benefits of dealing with tough conversations assertively.
- Explain the component parts of behavioural feedback.
- State how you should prepare before undertaking a tough conversation.
No dates scheduled