This online training course is for employees who are required to work regularly on computers in the course of their normal work, either at the workplace or from home. This course will provide a basic understanding on how to set up their workstation in a safe way and provides a link to complete an online workstation risk assessment.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain the basic principles of DSE legislation.
- List the possible health effects surrounding the use of DSE.
- Describe the Council's arrangements for eyesight tests.
- Set up and adjust your workstation to ensure your posture is correct and that you are sitting comfortably.
- Describe the precautions you can take to minimise the hazards associated with DSE.
The course is free and available at any time through our eLearning platform, OLLE.