This on-line training course is designed for all public sector staff irrespective of their role.
In recent years there has been a growing awareness that harm, neglect or exploitation of children and adults is a very real problem in our society and everyone has a role in protection.
This basic awareness training has been developed as a consequence of changes in the law following major events from the past where children and adults have been harmed.
By the end of this course you will have had the opportunity to:
- Think about your own values and attitudes to harm.
- Consider what is meant by protection.
- Consider and understand your role in protection.
- Reflect on how you should respond if you suspect someone is at risk of harm.
- Consider what to do if you are concerned that a person is potentially at risk of harm.
This course will meet the basic needs of many staff within the public sector, for many other staff additional training, specifically covering more detailed areas of child and adult protection may be required.
Please contact Amanda Wilson, email@example.com, tel. 590532, or Evelyn McGregor, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 590533, for further advice and information.
The course is free and available at any time through our eLearning platform, OLLE.