This classroom module provides guidance to managers on the management of absence and performance issues, explaining the links between Managing Sickness Absence and Capability Policies and providing the opportunity to work through complex absence issues and medical referrals.
It is essential that managers attending this course complete, in advance, the e-learning Absence Management Module which will provide an understanding of the principles and objectives of managing sickness absence and the key elements of the Council's Managing Sickness Absence Policy.
By the end of this session you will:
- Have the skills and knowledge necessary to manage cases of poor attendance or performance.
- Be able to undertake return to work and other absence interviews, taking into account any complex individual circumstances.
- Be able to get the best out of any medical referral.
- Understand the absence management monitoring process and it's link to capability procedures.
- Have an understanding of the process to be followed to progress to a capability hearing and be able to present management's case effectively.
23 January 2020