This on-line training course is designed to equip staff with a better understanding GIRFEC (Getting It Right For Every Child) and its core components for all public sector staff irrespective of their role.
Getting it right for every child is a consistent way for all services across Forth Valley to work together with families to improve outcomes for children and young people. GIRFEC seeks to ensure that children and young people get the right help at the right time. GIRFEC is a national approach to supporting and working with all children and young people in Scotland.
This basic awareness training has been developed raise awareness of GIRFEC across staff groups within the council and the wider care sector.
By the end of this course you will have had the opportunity to:
- Gain an understanding of the GIRFEC Approach
- Gain an understanding of GIRFEC values and principles
- Gain an understanding of how GIRFEC is put into practice across the Forth Valley
- Be able to identify who the Named Person is and when a Lead Professional may be involved
- Raise awareness of the paperwork used within the Forth Valley area and being embedded across all Children's Services
This course will meet the basic needs of many staff within the public sector, for many other staff additional training, specifically covering more detailed areas of child and adult protection may be required.
The course is free and available at any time through our eLearning platform, OLLE. This course is located in the 'Council Information and Policy' category.