| Latest update
Analogue to Digital
- In June, 290 MECS boxes have been installed in client's homes - three times more than last year - which leaves just 808 MECS boxes to be installed. As a result of picking up pace, the original completion date of mid-2020 has been brought forward to end November this year.
- PID and milestone plan has been developed for the digital Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC) and agreed with Farrpoint Digital Office consultant.
- Implementation to upgrade to the Chubb Server has been delayed by Chubb, as they are unable to deliver the hardware for July. We are waiting on new dates for delivery.
- A funding bid has been submitted to Scottish Government for £50K to appoint a Project Manager to implement the migration to the ARC.
- Digital Champion workshops have been held and 28 people have volunteered to be champions.
- A meeting has been arranged for mid-July to discuss the way forward with the Digital Champions' Programme and how to cover business areas where no-one volunteered .
- The report from the recent survey and action plan are to be presented to CMT by the end of August.
Integrated Resource Management System (IRMS)
- MyView Externalisation: plans to host MyView externally by the supplier have been delayed due to a supplier business review. The review is due to conclude during July at which point the negotiations should resume to finalise timescales.
- Barrachd: the system is now live for Social Work Adult Services and training has been provided with one final session to be delivered early in July.
Rock Solid Technology
- SWIS Replacement: work continues with the data cleansing and preparation to migrate the second round of data. The processes continue to be received and developed across all Service areas.
- Falkirk Cloud – Education: audit completed of all data and users. The new virtual servers for the Citrix environment have been installed in preparation for the Falkirk Cloud being installed on Education PCs.
- Office 365: initial set up of Office 365 system for testing via the cloud has been completed. A review of the active directory has been complete.
Digital Transformation of Revenues & Benefits
- Meeting held with MyFalkirk team to understand the requirements of Application Programming Interface (API) implementation to create links between external website and internal systems.
Digital Transformation of Business Support
- CM2000: extract report finalised and provided by supplier. Test plan agreed for July and August.
- Total Mobile: meeting arranged with John Apperson, from Building & Maintenance Division (BMD), early in July to discuss BMD phase 3 Project Initiation Document (PID) and agree the inclusion of timesheet/reconciliation tasks.
Digital Transformation of HR & Payroll
- Health and Safety Incident Reporting System: the project is to replace a paper-based reporting system with an online reporting system. Procurement tender process will begin July.
Digital Solutions for Design, Roads & Transport
- Funding has been agreed to implement gritter tracking and to purchase hardware to move to a cloud based Roads Management System along with mobile & flexible working.
Next Generation Contact Centre (NGCC)
- Email Integration with NGCC has gone live and customer emails are now being successfully handled. An order has been placed with Firmstep to move forward with MyFalkirk integration.
Housing of Tomorrow
- IHMS Housing System Replacement: current system is nearing end-of-life. A new PID and project plan is being prepared to obtain agreement to procure an entirely new system.